New York’s Leading Attorneys in Employment Law
Jeffrey E. Goldman is the principal attorney at the Law Offices of Jeffrey E. Goldman. His practice focuses on employment law and business litigation, as well as trusts and estates.
- Juris Doctor – 1992 : Temple University Beasley School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- B.S. – 1985: University of the Sciences, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Mr. Goldman represents employees in all aspects of employment law, including prosecuting claims for unpaid overtime compensation, discrimination, and wrongful termination. He also regularly negotiates employment contracts, severances, and non-competes.
Mr. Goldman has brought numerous successful claims against restaurants on behalf of service employees, including representing a class of servers in a gratuity misappropriation case against a national restaurant chain that resulted in a $2.5 million settlement. He successfully settled a wrongful termination case for an investment banker for $1.54 million and settled a pregnancy discrimination case against an investment bank for $429,000.
Mr. Goldman also counsels plaintiffs and defendants in business litigation matters. He settled an action on behalf of a minority shareholder who was wrongfully denied retirement benefits from a closely held business for $1 million. He also settled a matter involving wrongful termination of medical services against an ERISA fund for $1.1 million.
Speaker at Legal Events
Mr. Goldman is a regular speaker at legal events and continuing legal educations seminars. In 2012, he was a panel speaker at Cardozo Law School on representing employees in employment law matters. In 2005, Mr. Goldman presented a seminar at the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education on federal and state estate planning for LGBT couples and legal challenges for gay and lesbian couples in New Jersey Surrogate's Court. In 2002, Mr. Goldman spoke at the Philadelphia Bar Association's program on employment issues associated with internet companies entitled "Winding Down your Dot Com." He was also a speaker at the 1998 National Employment Lawyers Association ("NELA") conference on sexual orientation discrimination.
Membership & Associations
Mr. Goldman has an acclaimed list of memberships.
- The New York State Bar Association
- The New York City Bar Association
- The Pennsylvania Bar Association
- New York Chapter of NELA
- Former co-chair of the Pennsylvania Chapter of NELA
Mr. Goldman served on Community Board 5 in New York City from 2006 through 2008.
He is admitted to practice in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. He has appeared in the Southern District of New York, the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law
- Business Litigation
- Trusts and Estates
- 50% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Pennsylvania, 1992
- New York
- New Jersey
- Panel Speaker, Representing Employees in Employment Law Matters, Cardozo Law School, 2012 - Present
- Federal And State Estate Planning For Lgbt Couples And Legal Challenges For Gay And Lesbian Couples In New Jersey Surrogate's Court, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 2005 - Present
- Winding Down your Dot Com, Philadelphia Bar Association's Program, 2002 - Present
- Sexual Orientation Discrimination, National Employment Lawyers Association ("NELA") Conference, 1998 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- New York City Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- New York Chapter of NELA, Active Member
- Pennsylvania Chapter of NELA, Former Co-Chair
Past Employment Positions
- Community Board 5 in New York City, 2006 - 2008
Thomas H. Andrykovitz is Of Counsel at the Law Offices of Jeffrey E. Goldman. He specializes in employment litigation, civil litigation, and criminal defense.
Mr. Andrykovitz completed judicial clerkships in both state and federal courts, instilling years of first-hand experience in the judicial decision-making process. As a law clerk, he worked on and became familiar with a range of legal issues, including complex criminal, commercial, civil, and patent litigation.
Prior to joining the firm Mr. Andrykovitz was a prosecutor. He indicted hundreds of cases and directed numerous investigations from the initial stages through trial and sentencing. He has experience in handling a variety of serious felonies, including homicide, sexual assault, aggravated assault, possession and distribution of narcotics, embezzlement, and firearms offenses. He is uniquely qualified to handle a full range of complex criminal matters.
Associations & Memberships
Mr. Andrykovitz is a member of the New York State Bar Association and the New Jersey State Bar Association.
Mr. Andrykovitz is admitted to practice law in the State of New York, the Southern District of New York, the State of New Jersey, and the District of New Jersey.
He received his bachelor of arts in history and political science, summa cum laude, from Monmouth University. He earned his J.D. from Seton Hall University School of law, where he served as treasurer for the Lambda Law Alliance and associate editor of the Seton Hall Circuit Review.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Class Action-Plaintiff
- Employment Law-Employee
- Litigation & Appeals
- New York
- New Jersey
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- Monmouth University